Thursday, July 12, 2012

Say cheese....crochet lens buddies

To say I live with a camera in my hand isn't much of an exaggeration. I love pictures and I love to capture images of everything thing but mostly my kids. There isn't much talent behind my pictures, every now and then I get lucky but for the most part its your standard mom took that photo kind of picture. Now if your kids are anything like mine getting them to look at the camera and smile isnt so easy! I have one child in particular who's favorite thing to do when you pull out the camera is look at the floor and say "Cheese" no matter how many times you say look at the camera , look up, can you see my eyes he never looks at me! So I was talking to Monique of Avery Grace Photography and she showed me a picture of a lens friend made of felt and what looks like an old school scrunchy. She also showed me a crochet version of one and said you could make one of these right? She was right I so could make them. So I set off to try and make a few different versions. Its amazing how well they work. Gives the little ones something to look at. adding a squeaker to some is just an added bonus. So here is what the finished lens buddies look like

This is Mr. Frog he was my first of the lens buddies He has a squeaker behind his right eye.


Next for myself I had to make an Owl

After the Owl I had a request to make one in red

Then came the request for a ladybug. She has a squeaker

Next I made a Lion because my 3 month old is completely in love with his Simba blankets.









3 comments:

  1. Great !!!
    Would it be possible to get a tutorial to make such a thing ??? Thanks a lot !! :)emyloabi@live.fr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!
    These are so cute... especially the froggy buddy!
    Could you possibly send me a tutorial... to make my kiddies smile (and even laugh!) Thanks a lot.
    fine.desmares@sfr.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daphine,
      I didn't have a pattern for these, nor did I ever write one down. I'm really bad about things like that. I tend to just tinker and play around till I get what I want. I can give you an idea of what i did an hopefully it helps.
      For the squeakers, I purchased a package of small squeakers that you would put in a dog toys off amazon I believe. To make the frog, I started with elastic hair tie and crocheted around. I did 3 rows in a single crochet to get the body the size I wanted. Then just made 3 circles for the eyes. Put the squeaker in between 2 and crocheted them together. Attached the crochet eyes to the body and glued on googly eyes. The arms and legs are just a single crochet out to desired lengthen then chain 2 slip stitch back to the first chain before you chained 2 to make a finger. Make as many fingers as you want then single crochet back down the other side. attach arms and legs. Hope that makes since. Let me know how you make out. Good Luck!

      Delete