Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pineapple Rice pudding



This past week has been a crazy one. My little 4 month old son came down with pneumonia, my husband is still sick, and baby girl now has a fever. Needless to say I haven't had much time to do anything. I even had to miss my moms night out, I was just to exhausted to go! So when Sunday rolled around and my son had his annual pool party for his karate studio I went into panic mode. I had been so wrapped up in everything going on I didn't prepare something in advance for him to bring.  Knowing I didn't have much time and I had to make something I went through the cabinets and looked for anything quick and easy I could make. I had seen a recipe for a pineapple rice pudding when looking up ideas for the moms night out and decided I would make something like. Now I didn't have all the items I needed to make it from scratch but I did some things that I could use to make an instant version. Here's what I used and how I threw it together. Now I didn't have any whipped cream to top it off with so its not that pretty but if you like rice pudding and you like pineapple it sure was yummy! 


Ingredients: 
1 cup pineapple juice ( you can use water if you dont have pineapple juice on hand)
1 cup instant rice.

4 cups milk
2 pkgs instant vanilla pudding
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla
1 can crushed pineapple drained 

Boil the pineapple juice (or water) add instant rice, cover and prepare according to package (dont add salt) and set aside. 

I a large mixing bowl add the 4 cups milk and the instant pudding mixing until pudding is firm. Fold in raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, pineapple and the cooked rice. Place in the fridge for a few hours and let it cool an set. Serve cold and if you want top it off with a little whipped cream and a dusting if cinnamon sugar.

Doesn't get much easier then that... enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment