Wednesday, July 18, 2012

3 easy steps to hand painting Minnie's Tea Pot



Wow has the last week been super busy. Between trying to catch up on my seriously neglected garden,a few cakes, a couple extra kids for two days, my nieces birthday this week and trying to get into full planning mode for Bella's 2nd birthday I feel a little behind! I did get started on one of my craft projects and hand painted a small tea pot for her party. I think its cute. The small pots are going to be used for decoration but they were also a trial for the larger tea pots if I am able to find some white ones at a reasonable cost. Otherwise we will use a mix of decorated teapots. After I did the first one and realized just how simple and easy you can make a customized pot, I figured I would document the second one using a different pattern for all of you here. So here is what I did.. super easy and simple....

 First you will need to pick up a few supplies.

For this project I just have a small white tea pot, ceramic water based non toxic paint (you can get this at wal-mart or any crafting store), cotton balls ( you might even want q tips for fixing mistakes) and paint brush.


Step one: wipe of the surface with rubbing alcohol. Make sure you do not skip this step because any fingerprint or sticky residue from a price tag will be there permanently once you paint.




Step two: paint your design. I free handed mine but you can also use a stencil. 
QUICK TIP: if you make a mistake use the q tip and some rubbing alcohol to remove the unwanted paint. 






Step three: Place the painted ceramic item in the oven at 350 degrees and bake for 30 minutes and allow to 
cool. 


And there you have it supper easy. Now I just have to do this on some more tea pots, 36 cups and 
saucers! Easy right?




No comments:

Post a Comment